Students Offering Support (SOS) is a youth-driven charity that ‘elevates education and ignites leaders’, locally and globally. Since 2008, our programs have been delivered on more than twenty-five campuses across Canada and 12 countries around the world, supporting an engaging 10,000 past volunteers and supporting an estimated 250,000 youth globally. Our most popular programs include: Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, Textbooks for Change, and the MCAT for Social Impact Scholarship!
As a Course Representative, you are responsible for being the liaison between the professor, your classmates, and ultimately the Exam Aid Instructor. You will be responsible for providing the course material or key themes covered in class to the Exam Aid Instructor for the review session. You will help the Exam Aid Instructor and Educational Development department figure out session logistics. You are following the footprints of a future Exam Aid Instructor and/or SOS Executive!
- Provide the Exam Aid Instructor with relevant course information;
- Including course topics & readings, exam dates, and assignment deadlines;
- Work with the Exam Aid Instructor in creating the Exam Aid material;
- Assist the Exam Aid Instructor in compiling Take Home packages for students;
- Ensure Outreach Trip details are included in each Take Home package;
- Ensure all materials are your own generated content, not violating the SOS Copyright Tip Sheet or your University’s Academic Integrity policies;
- Commit to open and continuous communication with the Exam Aid Instructor and Educational Development team throughout the semester;
- Set up a 1-on-1 meeting with the professor(s) of the course to ensure they are aware of the SOS model – in hopes of engaging professors in the SOS community;
- Attend orientation hosted by the Educational Development department;
- Attend department meetings when scheduled.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Last modified: September 16, 2021